LE BOREAL Passenger Capacity: 264 Built: 2010, 2011 Length: 466 ft. Officers and crew: 145. French. Elevators: 3
- Itinerary: Antarctica and South Georgia, South America (Argentina, Brazil, Amazon River), Caribbean, the Mediterranean, Turkey and Greece, Adriatic, Baltic, and Black Seas, Iceland, Great Lakes, U.S. East Coast and Canada (including a fall foliage cruise of the Gaspe Peninsula), Southeast Asia, Japan, India, Persian Gulf, transatlantic. Sometimes chartered by Abercrombie & Kent for Antarctica cruises.
- Cabins: 132, 104. All cabins and suites are outside, have individually controlled air-conditioning, king or twin beds, a private bath with shower. There is TV, DVD/CD player. Most have balconies.
- Dining: There is a main dining room and a casual grill with indoor and outdoor dining. French and international cuisine. 24-hour room service.
- Facilities and Activities: There are shore excursions and experts in wildlife, geology, history and birdlife. Zodiacs are available for exploring. There is a marina platform for swimming. There is a show lounge with nightly entertainment, dancing, lectures and movies, an outdoor heated pool, hair salon, spa and fitness center. There is internet access throughout the ship. Many passengers are French. Announcements are in French and English. Open bridge.
- Recent Fares Reported to Us: $2,900 to $14,500 per person double depending on destination, length of cruise and cabin. Discounts and shipboard credit for early booking.